When your marriage has ended you can find yourself with many unknowns including the future of romance in your life. Perhaps you are happy with your freedom and will choose to remain single. Yet, a burning question for many people is…
Will I be alone the rest of my life or will I marry again?”
Given our human desire to be loved this is a natural question.
You may be pondering thoughts such as these…
- How can I find a good marriage partner?
- Who will fill the void in my life?
- How can I find someone who makes me happy?
- How do I avoid getting involved with the wrong person?
If you are going to be looking for love, these are all valid questions.
Perhaps the better questions would be…
- What do I need to work on within myself so that I am a good marriage partner?
- How do I become less needy and more balanced so that I put less strain on a partner?
- What can I contribute to a relationship that would make my ideal partner happy?
- What do I need to change about myself so that I attract the right kind of person?
Rather than focusing on finding someone,
focus on being someone who is worthy of being found.
Become Your Best Self
Embrace singleness after divorce as positive time for introspection and growth. Work on healing from divorce so that you don’t carry old wounds into a new relationship. Spend time considering how you may have contributed to your divorce. Reflect on what you can do differently in a future relationship.
Become comfortable being single so that you are confident in yourself and are not needy. Build your relationship with God. Talk with God as you process the self-reflection questions above and let him guide you to your best self.
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Practical Guidance and Christian Inspiration
Order Renee’s book, Peace after Divorce Now
Click the link above or order through most book vendors.
About the Author
Renee Smith Ettline is Founder of After Divorce Ministries, LLC and author of the book Peace after Divorce as well as the Peace after Divorce group curriculum. She is a retired counselor and educator as well as writer. Peace after Divorce has been recognized as an exemplary Christian self-help book by the Illumination Book Awards.
Renee is also sponsor and administrator of the online Separation & Divorce Christian Community on Facebook.