Where do you live?
Not your city and state…where do you live in your heart and mind?
It’s a question worth considering. Why? Because you have the power to choose where your heart and mind live. And where you live in your heart and mind determines your degree of peace and joy.
Life in a Mud Puddle
Divorce changes many things often stirring insecurities and fears. It is just a fact. You’re bound to pass through times of grief and sadness.
Negative thoughts, doubts, and worries happen and need to be thought through. The challenge lies in passing through the down times rather than drowning in them. Sometimes, you may need to consciously stop slinging mental mud at your own heart.
How to Find Higher Ground
Are you living life in a mud puddle? Maybe even a swamp or some quicksand? Getting out of the mire starts with believing that it is possible–it is. But when life is dishing up the tough stuff, how do you find higher ground?
Your way to higher ground lies in the power of praise and thanksgiving.
You see, when your mind is focused on gratitude and praising God supernatural things happen.
- Your mood shifts to the positive.
- Doubt shifts to faith.
- Insecurity is washed away by the security of knowing God has your back.
- Difficult circumstances may still challenge you but no longer dominate you.
- You become a victor.
- You grow in strength by focusing on God rather than your problems.
Acknowledge God. Thank him for each and every blessing in your life. Be awed by the opportunity to talk directly with the God of the universe. Be grateful that you can walk hand-in-hand with Jesus. Let God turn the ashes of your life into beauty of spirit.
How about You?
Do you need to stop wallowing in the mud? When life gets you down, stop making it worse by slinging mental mud at yourself. Instead, lift words of praise and thanksgiving to God.
So, where do you live?
My Prayer for You
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
(from Ephesians 3:16-19)
Christian Thought for Today
“Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.”
Psalm 107:21-22 NIV
RESOURCES to HELP YOU HEAL FROM DIVORCE:
• Renee’s popular FREE eBook, Five Keys to Healing from Divorce–Request your download by completing the green circle top right of this page and you’ll receive her free monthly eZine as a bonus.
• Prayer Support—Share your prayer requests and our prayer team will pray for you.
• Peace after Divorce Book–Want a guidebook that inspires and supports your personal journey to healing from divorce with practical strategies and Christian faith? For reviews and a look inside feature click here.
Order Renee’s award-winning book, Peace after Divorce today…
Want to start a Peace after Divorce Group at your church or agency? Click here to learn more.
<Go to Blog Menu [This blog posts every Friday morning.]
Help others who need healing from divorce–share this post on your favorite social media by using the buttons below. Thanks!