I remember feeling like my life was over. I struggled to absorb the impact of the word divorce as its reality crashed in and rippled throughout my whole life. If you’ve been there you know what I mean.
My life wasn’t over…no, far from it.
Neither is yours.
Your pain is real. Your frustrations understandable. Your circumstances probably less than desirable.
But your life IS NOT over. You have a future!
- You’re more than your marriage. Being married becomes a part of your identity but it isn’t who you are. God has instilled in you a unique package of wonderful traits. I am certain of this because God doesn’t make junk. Get to know yourself as he designed you.
- You are capable of healing. “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength says Philippians 4:13. God designed you with the ability to be adaptable. Divorce will always be a part of your history but you can heal from the emotional pain of divorce. You may find it helpful to seek guidance.
- Perseverance brings results. God provides the strength. You must be willing to prayerfully reflect on your situation, work through healing, and take actions needed to build a better new life. Such perseverance produces character and character, hope. Romans 5:1-5 reassures us that “hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” God has a hope and a future for you!
- Endings mean new beginnings. It’s hard to work through the pain of loss. But as you work through your endings you will begin to shift your attention to your new beginnings. Looking to the future and letting go of the past is a huge part of creating a new life.
- God will lift you up in due time. “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.” (1 Peter 5:6) Healing from divorce is a process that doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a journey better traveled hand-in-hand with God.
You may feel devastated now but your life is far from over!
Talk with God about this post and what it means to your life.
Christian Inspiration: For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’
Isaiah 41:13 NKJV
A Personal Note to You…
I’m a Christian and a counselor who has been through divorce. I’ve healed and want to help you do the same which is why a wrote the book, Peace after Divorce. To learn more about this inspiring award-winning book click here.
If you found this post helpful please share it by using the social networking buttons below.
CLICK HERE for a list of other posts.