Thank you so much for creating Peace after Divorce. We just finished our first series last night. Myself and the co-facilitators found that this program brings grace, hope and peace into the divorce experience. “Peace After Divorce” fits so well with the values and beliefs of our congregation. The people who attended the group found it to be very helpful. Thank you, thank you for your witness to God’s love!” —Pastor Pamela Schroeder, Pastor for Care and Community, Ankeny, Iowa
Peace after Divorce is a Grace-filled Christian Divorce Recovery Curriculum
Peace after Divorce helps people move through and beyond the devastating impact of divorce while also building a closer relationship with God.
- Participants are walked through a process that cohesively guides personal awareness and facilitates healing.
- Spiritual growth is enhanced as Scriptures offer inspiration and guidance.
- Learners are encouraged to talk with God about what they are learning and how it applies to their own lives.
- Information about the process of healing from divorce gives practical and helpful insights.
- Discussions and peer support enrich and reflect your church’s loving Christian community.
I have two more classes left in the Peace after Divorce classes. This has been such an incredible help for me. The format of program, and the structure of the class seems to be a great formula. I like having the book to read and re-read at home, then the video to reinforce and expand, and then the timed discussion in class. The information is so on target with what I’m going through, I just can’t believe it. It’s so helpful to know that others have gone through all this, that they can guide me through this “valley” and be victorious on the other side.” —Cheri Fernandes, participant, South Carolina
- If you haven’t yet seen our testimony videos you can click here now to jump over and take a look. Both participants and pastors speak to the effectiveness of the curriculum.
- You’ll also want to know that the participant book, Peace after Divorce: Choosing Concrete Actions Rooted in Faith has been recognized as an exemplary Christian book by the Illumination Book Awards.
Peace after Divorce Workshop ministry access includes 9 downloadable or streamable video sessions, a downloadable leader’s guide with discussion questions and group activities, downloadable promotional videos, and other resources needed to start his ministry at your church. Leaders do not need to be authorities in divorce recovery but instead serve the role of group discussion facilitators. The group may be facilitated by one person or a team of people. Churches generally charge for the books or charge a nominal fee for the group to recoup costs.