Just because you’re dealing with divorce doesn’t mean Valentine’s Day has to be gloomy. Nope, it doesn’t.
Yes, celebrations of love can remind you of your loss and it is important to process that loss. Yet, there are things you can do to make your Valentine’s Day happy.
No, I’m not crazy.
Here are 12 tips for celebrating Valentine’s Day as a divorced or divorcing person…
- Give yourself some loving. Yes, you. Pamper yourself.
- Make a list of your blessings. It may sound corny but making a list of your blessings reminds you that you are in fact blessed in so many ways. Thank God for those blessings.
- Buy yourself some flowers or some chocolate.
- Write God a love letter.
- Write ten personal affirmations and stick them around your house.
- Repeat after me: “I am a worthwhile person who is very loved by God. He has a hope and a future for me.”
- Send a thank you card to someone who makes a difference in your life.
- Call a few friends or family members and tell them you think they are pretty cool.
- Write a positive goal for yourself.
- Listen to music that makes you happy. Dance.
- Do something kind for someone.
- Laugh. Watch funny animal videos on You Tube, watch a funny movie or do whatever makes you laugh.
Valentine’s Day celebrates love relationships. There is no greater love relationship than that we have with Christ. Celebrate his love on Valentine’s Day and every day.
For this is how God loves the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 NLT
About the Author: Renee Smith Ettline has healed from divorce and has a calling to help you do the same. She is founder of After Divorce Ministries, LLC and author of the award-winning Christian self-help book, Peace after Divorce.
More Resources to Help You
Peace after Divorce…Get Past the Pain and Live Again
Working through the pain of divorce with guidance rather than floundering on your own can make all the difference. A good map that lets you personalize your route helps with any journey. Peace after Divorce is a faith-based, inspiring and easy-to-read guidebook that walks you through a personal journey of healing in one short reading a day.
Get Christian encouragement and practical tips that help you be at peace with yourself and move on with your life.
Get “Five Keys to Healing from Divorce” Free Short-Read eBook when you